Make great memories with an *epoch* birthday party!
Step into a world where celebration meets exploration at Texas Science & Natural History Museum—the perfect venue for unforgettable birthday parties! With a unique blend of fascinating exhibits, awe-inspiring natural history and hands-on activities, the museum provides an inspiring and memorable experience for birthday celebrations.
• Admission for up to 25 guests, including the birthday child (maximum 10 children per one supervising adult)
• Two-hour private party space
• Unlimited exploration of museum exhibits
• Hands-on fossil activity led by STEM educator
• Museum staff party facilitator
• Parking validation for up to two cars in San Jacinto parking garage
• Compostable tablecloths, plates, utensils and cups
• 30 minutes for set-up and clean up, before and after your two-hour party time slot
Cost: $400 for members / $500 for non-members
For an additional $6 each, guests can choose their own bag of polished rocks and minerals from our museum store’s popular pick-a-rock station! These will be provided at the end of the party.
Additional UT parking garage validations are available for $12 each.
Birthday parties may be booked for select Saturdays during the following time slots:
10:00 am - 12:00 pm
1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Party dates are subject to availability. Parties may be booked up to two months in advance, up until two weeks before the desired party date.
To reserve your date, or for more information, please email TMMevents@austin.utexas.edu.
All parties require a 50% deposit at the time of booking. The remaining balance is due one week before your event.
Feel free to bring cake, cupcakes, beverages and snacks for your guests. Food and drink must stay inside the party room. Museum staff are unable to accept any deliveries on behalf of a client.
The following items are prohibited:
• Helium balloons
• Alcoholic beverages
• Heating appliances, such as crockpots or chafing dishes
• Smash cakes
• Animals that are not certified service animals
• Confetti or glitter
• Wall-mounted decorations; nothing may be taped to any walls
Birthday parties and other groups are also welcome to use the main lawn and picnic benches (coming soon) for food and drinks.